Help Desk Technician, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Washington, DC
JUNE 2013 - PRESENT
- Primary point of contact for all IT related inquiries.
- Create, update, and maintain Active Directory and Exchange mail accounts for around 250 users in DC and at four international sites.
- Update and create internal documentation to assist with future staff onboarding.
- Setup Windows Deployment Server to cut new computer rollouts by 3 hours per machine.
Help Desk Administrator, Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine, Washington, DC
JULY 2010 - JUNE 2013
- Diagnosed, researched, and resolved hardware and software difficulties.
- Installed, maintained, and repaired Desktop and Laptop PCs.
- Recommended, helped deploy, tested and utilized initial Help Desk ticketing system for organization.
- Updated and maintained Active Directory accounts for around 100 users.
- Trained all new staff on IT policies and procedures
- Inventoried IT equipment to prepare for repair or disposal.
- Improved documentation by updating and creating new SOPs.
Support Center Consultant, University Information Technology Services, Bloomington, IN
September 2009 - July 2010
- Evaluate customer needs and provide technical support via phone, desk, and electronically.
- Facilitate transition of system information to other departments for resolution of network instability.
- Utilize advanced ticketing system to open, maintain, and close customer incidents
Peace Corps Volunteer, United States Peace Corps, Nuku'alofa, Tonga
October 2007 - February 2009
Information Technology Instructor/Project Manager
- Trained volunteers and their local counterparts on the use of information technology in the workplace.
- Lectured twice a week on topics ranging from basic computer skills to intermediate web design.
- Developed curriculum to teach courses and facilitate the continued instruction in my absence.
Community Engagement Volunteer
- Developed and participated in a USAID funded HIV/AIDS educational road show which delivered a culturally-appropriate awareness message to 1,137 youth on five remote islands through drama and targeted discussion.
- Managed small group of Tongans to create culturally appropriate audio recordings which were presented during the HIV/AIDS educational road show.
- Oversaw creation of income generating internet cafe for local women's group.
Support Specialist, Technology Center Consulting, Bloomington, IN
August 2006 - August 2007
- Supervised and trained a staff of around 150 technical consultants in collaborative and remote environments.
- Monitored consultant activity to determine appropriate staffing levels.
- Evaluated progress reports and made recommendations to department managers.
- Trained beginning users on practical uses of systems and software on campus.
- Solved software problems presented by high volume of customers via desk and phone.